Last Date for Submission 5th January 2022
POSTERS: Research and quality improvement projects pertaining to Neonatology
ORAL PRESENTATIONS: Research and quality improvement projects pertaining to Infectious diseases of neonates
- Abstracts must be in English
- Please state whether ethical approval was required and obtained
- State type of abstract submission i.e research or quality improvement initiative (e.g Clinical audits, PDSA Cycle, Education and training, Incident report)
GUIDELINES FOR RESEARCH PROJECTS
Abstract must include
2. Content (Maximum 300 Characters)
3. Attachments (JPEG, PNG)
Figures & Tables
Quote in the text.
- List the references in order of citation in the text, in square brackets.
- Clearly indicate the following data: names of all the authors, title of the article/book, publication year.
- For journal articles, indicate journal title, volume, issue, first and last page of the article
- For websites, indicate the last access.
- For books, indicate the book publisher, chapter of article and its head office.
Conflict of interest statement
Please provide a conflict of interest statement.
GUIDELINES FOR QI PROJECTS
Any project related to quality improvement in healthcare for neonates e.g., clinical audits, risk management, education & training
Abstract must include:
- Background (underlying problem affecting healthcare, audit question)
- Aims & objectives (Why are you doing it and what you hope to achieve)
- Methodology (team, place of audit, duration, sample size, inclusion & exclusion criteria, data analysis methods)
- Action plan / intervention (proposed changes, who will do it?, how will they be executed?)
- Reaudit / result of QI intervention (impact of intervention, compare these results with preintervention results).
- Figures & Tables: Not required for abstract. Please quote in the text.
- Should not be more than 10.
- Enlist the references using Vancouver style (https://libguides.murdoch.edu.au/Vancouver/all)
Abstract must include
Members of the improvement team and their roles
Start and end date
Measures/ processes for change
PDSA Cycles/ Process Mapping
Results and summary of difference(s) made
Keys to success
Barriers to the project
Lessons learned to date
Plan for next cycle