Neonatology Events came into being with the idea to provide one point of access for all events, research, and on-going updates in the field of Neonatology. Since 2019, Neonatology Events has hosted its flagship event NeoColloqium annually which provides doctors, researchers, and knowledge gatherers a platform to exchange ideas and discuss advances in the field.
For NursesEvery Tuesday, there is one hour protected time teaching on nursing topics.
For clinical fellowsIn addition to combined hospital teaching activities on Thursday and Saturday, there is a daily teaching session of one hour for discussion on a topic, research paper, clinical scenarios and problem-solving scenarios.
For Postgraduate Trainee Doctors/Medical Officers
- As part of combined hospital teaching:
- Monday………..Long case
- Tuesday………..Short cases
- Thursday……….Mortality conference
- Friday…………….Radiology/supervisor meeting
- Exclusive ward teaching:
- Daily………….…..Teaching round
- Wednesday……Topic presentation
On-Line National & International Teaching Collaborations
- 2-day course on Covid-19 prevention and management in neonates. Done in collaboration with Unicef Pakistan and Pakistan Pediatric Association.
- Collaboration with Unicef & AAP for series of presentations on ‘Essential Newborn Care’.
- Regular presentations of international experts in Neonatology from UK, USA, UAE.
Training Courses Are Organized On Regular Basis
- Neonatal life support
- Neonatal mechanical ventilation
- Chest drain insertion in pneumothorax
- Surfactant administration
- Percutaneous insertion of central catheters
- Placement of umbilical arterial and venous catheters
- Clinical audit
Subdivisions Of The Department
The department of neonatology is offers a great deal of facilities that are not just limited to the patients. The organization level of the department is as under
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
High Dependency Unit
Special Care Unit
Out-patients follow-up clinic
Teaching & Research Facilities